Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Research Report Time

It's report time in the 2nd grade!

 This year is the first year that second grade has to write a research report. When I first heard this my jaw hit the ground! I was thinking how am I going to get these students to write a research paper when I can barely get them to write a complete sentence? I was put to ease when I found out it was a whole group research report. 

  In two weeks we are going to start the process of learning to write a research based paper and then actually writing a report about the Moon as a class. I started to look ahead at the resources provided by the school district and what I found did not fit my needs and the needs of my students. So.... I did what I always do when I am faced with resources that just don't meet my standards. I created my OWN! 

Below are pictures of a couple of the pages that I created to aid in this long process. The entire 11 page packet is available on my TPT and TN stores. 

 This is the cover of the Packet. Click here to get it

This page is to be either filled out for a group paper or an individual. This is for picking a big topic and then narrowing it down to what will be discussed in the paper.

This pages teaches about what a sources is and deciding what makes a good source and why. 

There is a sheet that goes along with all the steps of writing a research report. I hope you all enjoy this item!


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and became your newest follower. I will be looping with my firsties to second grade next year, Come and check my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name of your blog! Thank you for your great ideas! I am new to blogger and I am loving it! If you are interested in integrating technology into your classroom, maybe you could stop by my blog! I am your newest follower!

    Thank you,
    Mindy

    iintegratetechnology@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it! I'm in the middle of the animal research project with my 2nd grade kiddos, too! Your materials look well organized. :)

    ~Jen
    Hello Mrs Sykes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen~ THANK YOU for such a nice comment. I take pride in what I create for my students to use. How are the research papers going? I am nervous for ours to start!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mindy~ I will visit your blog for sure. I taught technology for my first year and I am always looking to learn more about the topic. Thank you taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lita lita~ You are going to love second grade. You will be amazed at how much your little ones grow. Good luck. Make sure to enter my giveaway and get some great items to get you started in 2nd grade!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you broke this down into small steps! Research can be overwhelming! So glad I found you super cute blog! I'm a new follower.
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete